Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Beauty Queen


Well, here she is.  Gorgeous!  Yummy, too, though my shrewd grandma tells me to ease up on the crust (ie, don't work it so hard).  But I'm starting to feel like this is turning into a Pie Blog, rather than a Food Blog, so I think I might take my pie-making underground for a while.  And anyway, I spent a good two hours cleaning my oven today, which means fumigating my house with foul oven cleaner, and then scouring oven racks out on the sidewalk.  In other words, not fun.  In even other words, no more pies till my new house (where, by the way, I will promptly lay a fat sheet of foil across the bottom of the oven floor).

Perhaps I will devote the next week to blogging about the food we eat when we're in the process of moving.  I'll be needing to clean out my freezer sooner or later...

1 comment:

gardenpoet said...

I'm wondering if you could freeze some of them for good eatin' some later time when you can't be baking--?