Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quick Tip

If you've ever made homemade macaroni and cheese, then you know one of the great pleasures of life.  I always make a whole lot so I'll have plenty the next day for lunch.  I'm always bummed, though, when a night in the fridge turns the mac tough, pasty, and bland.  Even a good stint in the microwave and a pinch of salt doesn't do much.  But today I discovered a way to make your mac n' cheese very good the next day-- after you reheat it, mix in a couple tablespoons of fresh salsa!  If there be no salsa, then a few dashes of your finest hot sauce will do nicely too.  Stir it all up!  The moisture and flavor will be re-introduced and then some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that you'd mention that! A couple nights ago I made a big pot of mac and cheese (with tuna and peas) and barely ate a third of it. So, yesterday I went online on how to fix left over mac and cheese. I found a tip to put a dash of milk and some cream cheese in it and just re-heat it on the stove. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good to me!

Armchair Foodie said...

ooh, great idea! Thanks for the comment, lady!