Monday, December 29, 2008

Soul Food


Happy Holidays, Friends.

The following is my very first explicitly NON-food-related post.  In the interest of proving my total devotion to a life lived through food, I had vowed not to jibber jabber off-topic.  But I just returned from a trip where I had a life-changing experience, not in a restaurant, but in a tiny apartment in a downtown Vancouver high-rise where there is a business called, of all things, Smile Thai Massage.  Don't let the simply optimistic name (or the potentially smarmy combination of the words "Smile" and "Massage") distract you.

In the hands of Austin Sakchai you will find yourself... reborn.  If you should find yourself in Vancouver, treat yourself to the best (and, if you can believe it, least expensive) massage of your life.  Just in case you didn't catch the hint or two, find his web site here.

And, to get you in the mood for Vancouver, here's a cool shot I took from Stanley Park.  

No comments: